Friday, January 7, 2011

Cruise Eats


Kid sister Sidney L. enjoys fresh fruit and coconut french toast at our first breakfast on the ship. I'm not lying when I say they had everything you could ever want to eat for breakfast (except Nutella, which I thought was real weird).


In this extremely cheesey picture I'm enjoying some "local stuffing" at Cuzzin's, a restaurant on St. Thomas that was once voted Best Caribbean Eats. The stuffing was  mashed sweet potatoes with raisins. Very good. I also tried jerk chicken for the first time that day. Impressive!


On Christmas morning, Sidney and I had a lavish breakfast delivered to our stateroom. Sid had pancakes and bacon.


I had french toast, hot chocolate, a bowl of cantaloupe, and some fresh squeezed grapefruit juice which is my undeniable fav. when it comes to beverages.



Here is a good view of our whole breakfast.


Here, I'm enjoying the end of a chocolate covered strawberry kabob, direct from the chocolate fountain. Yes, I thought of Amber Tamblyn and Alexis Bledel while I ate it. :)


Dinner was always a glamorous affair. I think Sidney was having some kind of delicious penne pasta with chicken and white sauce on this particular night. Dinner always consisted of an appetizer, soup or salad, your choice of entree, and a dessert. Everything was good. We always left stuffed.


This was at a restaurant in San Juan, where Sidney and I had chicken and fried plantains, which were just delicious. I don't really know what my brother is holding there in the side of the picture, but I'm sure it was good. He ate, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment